[opensuse] transferring local kde configuration to be systemwide
  • From: Sampsa Riikonen <sampsa.riikonen@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 01:46:58 +0300
Dear List,

I have my KDE very nicely configured.. correct file associations
(video files with smplayer, audio files with amarok, etc.), the filesystem
applet at the taskbar, etc. When I browse through picture files, I am using
embedded gwenview, etc. (btw, to my opinion, the default configuration sucks).

Now when I install a new version of (any) linux (with kde) I get
all this preserved (by preserving the home partition), but when I am
installing opensuse for my family and friends, or even opening a new user
account in my computer, I have to do everything manually again and again and
again..

So my question is.. how can I copy my personal kde configuration to be
a system wide default? I remember it was somewhere in "/v/etc/skel..".
And if I want to use my custom configuration in a custom distro (with suse
studio) how should I proceed.. make an rpm with disutils in such a way
that files are copied into that "/v/etc/skel"-whatsoever directory?

Any further ideas?

Kind regards,

Sampsa