R: [opensuse] Re: why is wireless card PRO/Wireless 2015ABG not supported by the latest SuSE kernel ?
  • From: Maura Monville <mauede@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:57:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mer 7/10/09, Heinz Diehl <htd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

Da: Heinz Diehl <htd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Oggetto: [opensuse] Re: why is wireless card PRO/Wireless 2015ABG not
supported by the latest SuSE kernel ?
A: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Data: Mercoledì 7 ottobre 2009, 14:44
On 07.10.2009, Maura Monville wrote:

linux-326k:/home/mauede # modprobe ipw2200
FATAL: Module ipw2200 not found.

You'll have to recompile this module...

Sorry for my O.S ignorance. I guess I have to download the source code (only
for this module ?) from SuSE official web site. Assuming the source is C
language I will use gcc and get a .o object file which has to be saved to some
system directory (where ?).
Will it be necessary to recreate the whole kernel ?

Since my wireless worked perfectly until it was screwed up by the latest O.S.
updates, I wonder how often this inconvenience can occur and if its cause is
known to SuSE developers. I cannot believe I am the only SuSE user whose (old)
laptop has a PRO/Wireless 2015ABG card ...

Thank you,
Maura