Re: [opensuse] Opera 10 crawls
  • From: phanisvara das <phani00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 19:32:45 +0530
On Wednesday 07 October 2009 02:25:24 pm Constant Brouerius van
Nidek wrote:
Downloaded opera-10.10-4644.gcc4.qt4.i386.rpm and since then
opera
is more or less usable. Qt4 version 4.5.2.

after updating from KDE 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 i found that opera (from
opera.com) was using more than usual CPU cycles. it didn't affect it's
operation or my system noticably, but i didn't like it.

uninstalled the version i was using and installed opera via "zypper in
opera", i.e., from openSUSE non-oss repos. this time i got a version that
uses Qt 4.5.2 and doesn't appear to use my CPUs as much as the
previous one (opera.com). i didn't notice any slowdown or other bugs or
quirks so far either.

i don't think this has anything to do with my choice of KDE, but rather
that opera rpm has been updated on the oS repo. as it's generally
advisable to use openSUSE repos over external ones (they're getting
updated and adjusted as required by the distro), i'd recommend that you
try that one again and see how it performs for you.

--
phani.