Re: [opensuse] Opera 10 crawls
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 06:49:16 -0500
On Wednesday 07 October 2009 03:55:24 am Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
On Wednesday 07 October 2009 13:51:19 David C. Rankin wrote:
On Sunday 04 October 2009 11:06:07 am Constant Brouerius van Nidek

wrote:
Using opera because I like it.System 11.1, KDE 4.3.1 regularly

updated.

De last week I found that Opera is very slow and sometimes even does

not

seem to respond. At first I thought that my internet connection was to
blame but after using Konquerer on the same sites I was struggling

with

with Opera I found a very responsive webbrowser.Still like to work

with

Any ideas where to start improving my browser?

Hmm,

Short answer -- Dunno? (but I have a guess) But I'm running w/o any
problems:

Downloaded opera-10.10-4644.gcc4.qt4.i386.rpm and since then opera is
more or less usable. Qt4 version 4.5.2. Konquerer still beats it in speed
of downloading the same site where opera stalls and needs a second start.
Still prefer opera ;)

You got something else going on their Constant. Opera is every bit as fast as
konqueror or FF. If you are experiencing slowness from it, then I can only
think that you have something misconfigured somewhere on the mail side that is
slowing down the browsing side. Double check your mail settings to make sure
you don't have the refresh set to 1 minute or some chat session that is
continually invoked.

After you have it to your liking, go to the build service and find a nice 5
meg or so download to download and compare between opera, konqueror and FF.
You shouldn't see any difference. If you do, then post back.

ALSO, make sure you have "Opera Turbo" turned OFF unless you are on a dial-up
service. I haven't messed with it, but I have seen the recommendation to turn
it off if your don't need it. Good luck.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC