Re: [opensuse] Installing wireless on Dell Vostro
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:07:49 +0200
At 00:13:10 on Monday Monday 05 October 2009, Felix Miata
<mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2009/10/04 23:53 (GMT+0200) Stan Goodman composed:
I am now trying to install the internal wireless card in my Vostro
notebook machine....

-----snip-----

As a matter of good citizenship, I should probably mention that the
Broadcom bcm4322 wireless card, which is built in to the Vostro 15
notebook machine does not appear in the list of cards supported by the
NDISWrapper either, a remarkable fact for a machine intended to be loaded
with Linux.

At this point, I think the simplest way to gain wireless capability would
be to buy an external USB wireless dongle, a supported one, of course
(the machine hasn't support for PCMCIA cards).

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on