Re: [opensuse] Coordinated, distributed ssh attacks?
  • From: Joop Beris <j.beris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 08:30:31 +0200
On Monday 05 October 2009 20:46:53 John Andersen wrote:
You've misinterpreted the entire thread. Slow distributed ssh attacks
go right thru Fail2ban, because they don't hit you from the same address
and they don't hit you in quick succession.

You're right. Somehow I missed the "distributed" in the subject. I'm sorry, I
retract my comment. Obviously if the attacks are distributed, fail2ban,
denyhosts etc., will not work.

Note to self: read subject better.

Regards,

Joop