[opensuse] Goblin a la a recent openSUSE News Letter
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 18:51:30 +0200
I installed Goblin on my openSUSE 11.1 system (rather recent for most
repositories). I used the OneClick mentioned in a recent OP Newsletter
(I think it was the one just before the last).

When I log in, using Goblin for the session, I get a background with the
Goblin logo. Then nothing. I suspect something is not correct in the
installation. (No ***t, Maynard...) Before I spend an evening irritating
the wife by fiddling with this, has anyone gotten this to work?

I did notice that it wanted to update evolution to 2.8, even though it
was happy to let me stay at 2.6 with GNOME. Meaning it did not even
suggest an upgrade. I suspect Goblin works for a somewhat fully Factory
install, not just one that has a few things like KDE and GNOME kept
current.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST