Re: [opensuse] yast system restore.
  • From: Philip Vossler <philvossler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 16:27:48 +0100
No usb involved. I am restoring from a local file located on another partition.

I honestly am not impressed -
The backup file is a tar archive whose contents are
2009/10/5 Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Mon, 5 Oct 2009, Philip Vossler wrote:

Hello,

I am currently restoring a system from backup to a new hard disk
partition. My problem is that Yast is taking a very long time to
complete the restore operation. Is this normal? The backup I am
restoring from is approx 15G and after 96 hours the restore is only
42% done....

I have lots of free disk space and /tmp is on its own 16G partition.

 is this a USB operation?  are you perhaps going thru a USB hub?

rday