Re: [opensuse] Panel bar problem in 11.1 install
  • From: Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:11:19 -0300
On Mon 05 Oct 2009 at 10:52:04 (-0300 UTC), Jim Sabatke wrote:
phanisvara das wrote:
On Sunday 04 October 2009 08:01:29 pm Jim Sabatke wrote:

have no clue where the screen is that allows selection of the window
manager. I have KDE3, KDE4 and gnome loaded on my home computer and see
no way to select one; it certainly isn't on the login screen

On my 11.1 install, I've looked everywhere on the login screen and there
are only three things there: a set of buttons for the login enabled
users, a user entry box, and a password entry box. There is NO window
manager selection anywhere, and on my box I have KDE3, KDE4 and gnome
loaded.

Jim

Just a guess:
if your /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager is configured to use "gdm" as
displaymanager, then watch carefully to the login screen bottom side,
you should see three input fields:

left: Language

center: Keyboard Layout

right: Window Manager you wish to use (based on what you have installed)

BR,

--
Marco Calistri <amdturion>
"He often broke into song because he couldn't find the key."