Re: [opensuse] Support for Lenovo G530
  • From: phanisvara das <phani00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 11:26:22 +0530
On Sunday 04 October 2009 11:05:21 am Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Run "/sbin/lspci" and provide that information. That reports what
hardware [at least on the PCI bus] comprises the machine. I have no
idea what exactly is in a G530 (and there is no guarantee that every
G530 is the same, OEMs are fickle sometimes).

since you've already installed vista on that machine, you can do that after
booting from the live CD. at that time you can also check if, while running
from the CD, your network connection works.

that happened to me once, and only after i transfered the network driver
from the live CD to my HDD was i able to get the network working after
installation.

if you should be able to get your network problems sorted out with help from
this list, you might want to install openSUSE 11.1 instead of the pre-
release 11.2 version, which is more likely to cause problems for you.

--
phani.