Re: [opensuse] Re: Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 20:16:32 +0200
Stan Goodman wrote:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think I have a second
extended partition, and I don't see any sda3 or sda4 in the fdisk
table I sent you. They are fictions. The question of sharing Swap
doesn't arrive now; it will when I install additional OS(s).

didn't you quote YaST installer, with 160Go partitions? it's there
that sda3 and 4 could have been used

But I have already showed that there are no sda3 or sda4. They are
figments of a diseased BIOS (if not of the installer, which I doubt).
They don't exist. You saw the fdisk table.

Stan, they are PROPOSED partitions. They don't exist YET. As jdd
pointed out, your sda1+sda2 partition does not occupy the entire disk,
so when YaST comes along to try to automatically propose a partitioning
scheme, it doesn't touch whatever you've got allocated, instead it
tries to use the unallocated/unpartitioned space.

My last posting in this saga - I'm beginning to doubt if you're actually
reading what everyone is writing.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.9°C)