Re: [opensuse] Re: Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 14:12:38 -0400
On 2009/10/02 18:22 (GMT+0200) Stan Goodman composed:

This machine has yet another problem, by the way. When I set up the
partitions and wanted to set sizes for them, the "0" key produced "?"
instead, so I let sizes like e.g. 41111. When I wanted to set names for
them, many of the alphabetical keys produced numbers instead. The BIOS is
screwed up.

Can you plug a USB keyboard into your new laptop? If you can, there may be a
workaround. On a US 101+ key PS/2 keyboard on a DOS boot or a Linux tty[1-6]
one can type Alt-(keypad)048 to put a 0 on the screen. I just tested that
this works on tty2 in 11.0 running dfsee for Linux. I haven't tried DFSDOS,
but it should work there as well, since I know it works from DOS command
prompt. It does not work in Konsole, so I suppose it won't work in any Xorg's
DTE.
--
" A patriot without religion . . . is as great a
paradox, as an honest man without the fear of God. . . .

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/