Re: [opensuse] Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 11:02:31 -0400
On 2009/10/01 16:08 (GMT+0200) Per Jessen composed:

Stan Goodman wrote:

I think, in fact, that HDs have two copies of the partition table.

Yes, it does.

Where? This is news to me, unless he's using GPT instead of legacy partitioning.

In legacy partitioning, the "table" is really a chain of sectors' tails,
starting with the MBR sector and continuing with one sector's tail per
non-primary partition. There is no standard cross-platform place in the chain
for copies.
--
" A patriot without religion . . . is as great a
paradox, as an honest man without the fear of God. . . .

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/