Re: [opensuse] Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 10:51:05 -0400
On 2009/10/01 19:15 (GMT+0530) phanisvara das composed:

On 2009/10/01 15:32 (GMT+0200) Stan Goodman wrote:

DFSee, by the way, is among other things an alternative to fdisk, but much
more versatile -- and it works with Linux, Windows, Mac (I think), and
OS/2. You can look at its website, or ask e.g. Felix Miata (or anyone
else who came from OS/2) about it.

i don't know about DFSee, but prefer to use a disk manager native to the
system i'm trying to install. have had bad experience with partitions
created by windows when installing linux for the first time.

Using a disk partitioner native to only the booted OS on a multiboot system
is the best possible way to maximize opportunity for partition-related
trouble. I use only DFSee for partitioning (even on single OS systems), which
as Stan wrote, has native executables for DOS, Windows, Linux, OS/2 & Mac. I
never have partitioning trouble not of my own making, because I never let any
other partitioner touch my (very, very many) tables.

DFSee does not yet support GPT.
--
" A patriot without religion . . . is as great a
paradox, as an honest man without the fear of God. . . .

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/