Re: [opensuse] SLES11 / udev rules / tape media changer
  • From: Philipp Thomas <pth@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:39:13 +0200
* Rainer Blaes (Rainer.Blaes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [20091001 12:24]:

at our SLES11 server there is an iscsi tape roboter from OVERLAND attached.
From this great list we learnt to use udev rules in order to fix the
device name for the media changer /dev/sgN where N is altering after each
reboot.

And I already told you to use the /dev/stN devices to send commands to the
loader as they will accept them as well as the sgN ones. These stN device
names are already made persistent via udev rules so you don't need to create
your own.

cheers
Philipp