Re: [opensuse] Re: Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:18:41 +0200
At 11:36:55 on Thursday Thursday 01 October 2009, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Stan Goodman a écrit :
I had succeeded in installing the system in partitions that I had
made using DFSee

I don't know this one

An extremely useful utility. You might find its website interesting:
<dfsee.com>.

I also made three partitions, for Swap (typr 82), Root and Home (both
type 83).

did you save your work? seems not

I did indeed, as shown by the fact that the newly made partitions are on
the HD, exactly as I intended them to be.

> When the installer proposes partitioning, it doesn't see the

partitions I

have made,

I think there is a "read partition table" option and a "read fstab"
one (here probably different)

although I know they are there.

and hox do you knox this? what tool give you the info? Give us the
output

DFSee sees them. It couldn't see them if they were not there. Before I
made the new partitions, I deleted all the previous ones, after which
DFSee saw that the HD was all free space.

What do I have to do to get it to forget the past and live in the
present?

as somebody else said, why don't you use YaST installer to do the
partitionning?

Among other reasons, because I want to know why the installer has retained
partition information that isn't there anymore, and where it is storing
obsolete information.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on