Re: [opensuse] ipconfrig--where?
On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 09:36 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:
On Thursday 01 October 2009 09:25:03 kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
why can't a *replacement* come out with *all* of the old features AND ONLY
AFTER THAT add whatever new whatchamacallit the developer wants?
in real world engineering this is a given.
Ah yes, that's why on all new cars you always have the option to start them
with a hand crank - after all, that was a feature that was ubiquitous in
older
cars, and in real world engineering, features are never dropped

I own a 1919 Model-T Ford depot hack - and I have the steel rod in my
wrist to prove it. Some technologies need to die. But it does give
me something in common with Wolverine.

While ifconfig has never tossed me ten feet and broken my arm... I don't
get the argument about less features - "ip" is *way* for featureful
[word?] than ifconfig.

why do coders (or whoever pushes forth *new* crap) think this is
immaterial?
What is it you can do in ifconfig that you can't do in ip?

Ditto.