Re: [opensuse] How to get SuSE mount USB memory sticks
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 00:11:46 -0500
On Saturday 13 June 2009 03:58:20 am Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Friday, 2009-06-12 at 15:12 -0000, Maura Monville wrote:
I just installed SuSE 11.1. It seems to work fine.
However, it looks like it has inhereted the same defect from version
10.3 when it comes to automatically mounting USB flash drives. Earlier
SuSE versions used to pop up a new icon on the desktop whenever a USB
device was connected to a system USB port. I have tried 3 different
USB-2 memory sticks and none is seen by the system. What am I supposed
to do ?

It works fine for me.

For the record - it doesn't for me. Since updating to kde4, something
on my
box with hal/d-bus/policy-kit broke again and I don't have permission anymore
to access usb drives, etc...

I haven't had time to chase it down yet, but it is a policy problem
somewhere.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC