Re: [opensuse] Using desktop cube
  • From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:12:27 +0930
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 16:32:17 David C. Rankin wrote:
On Friday 26 June 2009 09:50:32 am Bogdan Cristea wrote:
I am new to compiz and I am trying to learn to use 3D effects in KDE.
I have enabled the desktop cube effect in openSuSE 11.1, KDE 4.1.3,
but when pressing ctrl+alt and moving the mouse with button 1 pressed
nothing happens. Could someone give me some directions ?

Bogdan,

kde4 desktop effects cube != compiz desktop cube

In kde4 ctrl+F11 activates the cube

In compiz ctrl+alt+button1 activates the cube

By default, yes, but you can modify the KDE keyboard and mouse shortcuts to
make it work like compiz (or jsut about any other key/mouse combination you'd
like instead) if you really want to...

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx