[opensuse] logrotate + compress + copytruncate on application log
  • From: "Ben Kevan" <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:13:27 -0700
Howdy Folks,

I wanted to know if anyone has done a combination of copytruncate and compress on an application log without shutting down the app.. does the copied file get truncated?

Here's what I have:

/path/to/file.log {
rotate 4
size=100M
copytruncate
compress
ifempty
}

Would the log that gets copied (assuming as file.log.1) then get compressed? or would it try to compress the mail log file.log? How do they work in conjunction with eachother?

Thanks.

--
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may. -Fight Club