[opensuse] Re: Massive issues with multimedia
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 07:20:10 -0400
Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx>
writes:

I am having many issues with multimedia that I can not figure out how
to solve. Most videos will cause VLC or Kaffine to just exit without
any errors. MPlayer can play the videos but then it constantly is
flashing a message: [AO_ALSA] Unable to find simple control 'PCM',0.

Use "-ao oss" or "-ao pulse" (if you are using pulseaudio) for mplayer
instead. Personally I have never encountered this problem, but my
mplayer is compiled from svn.

For the other programs, try changing the audio system to either oss or
pulse in their gui.

Charles

--
"MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years
of careful development."