Re: [opensuse] 11.1 installation hang
  • From: Michael Fischer <michael@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 22:16:04 -0400
On Wed, Jun 24, Boris Epstein wrote:
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Michael Fischer <michael@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Downloaded the 11.1 DVD iso, checked the md5sum - all ok.

Boot the new Dell Vostro 1720 from the dvd - start installation

On the System Probing page, it races through everything but the
final "Initialize Package Manager" and just gets stuck there
with the "spinning" cursor.

Could this happen if the network connection is not working?

Suggestions?

Michael
--
Michael Fischer
michael@xxxxxxxx

Does this happen before or after the RPM selection? Did you run the
"Check Media" prior to installation?

Before.

Yes, I ran a check media, and it came up fine.

*sigh*

For giggles, I tried it all over again, and now I'm in...
Please cross your fingers for me (or whatever is culturally
appropriate to wish luck).

Partitions formatting now...

Thanks.

Michael