Re: [opensuse] 11.1 installation hang
  • From: Michael Fischer <michael@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:47:17 -0400
On Wed, Jun 24, Michael Fischer wrote:

Downloaded the 11.1 DVD iso, checked the md5sum - all ok.

Boot the new Dell Vostro 1720 from the dvd - start installation

On the System Probing page, it races through everything but the
final "Initialize Package Manager" and just gets stuck there
with the "spinning" cursor.

Could this happen if the network connection is not working?

FWIW, the pre-installed windows seemed to be having trouble
with the onboard nic, but I was at a loss to figure out which
part of vista would let me onto my own lan. Wasn't the cable,
as they were working fine in other computers before and after
trying them in the laptop.

Also tried the initial part of the install on a known-working
desktop, and it had no problem getting past the "Intialize
Package Manager" phase - both with and without a properly
connected network.

Michael
--
Michael Fischer