[opensuse] Install software
  • From: Thomas Blasejewicz <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 22:41:24 +0900
If you do install new software - and actually succeed (?) in doing so -
where does the software go and how do you start it?

I did (hopefully) install OpenOffice 3.1, but cannot find anywhere an
nice icon to click on and thus start the software.
All I get is folders upon folders with MANY files that do not do anything.
Under Windows I am used to get an icon under "Start" after installing
new software.

The section "Appliations" does NOT contain a new icon for the new software.
So, how do I activate it???