Re: [opensuse] canon pixma ip2600 printer
  • From: John Heinen <hensandpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:18:18 -0700
Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
John Heinen pecked at the keyboard and wrote:

John Heinen wrote:

Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

John Heinen pecked at the keyboard and wrote:

I downloaded the above printer driver, how do I install it in opensuse (
I am still learning.) John

It should be a ppd file like laserjet.ppd.gz. copy it to
/usr/share/cups/model/downloaded/ and it should show up in the printer
list when you configure it with YaST or point your browser to:

http://localhost:631/

Ken should I do it like this Copy /usr/share/cups//model/downloaded/
I'm still new at that. Thanks John

/ Sorry, I am stuck I didn't get a reply to my questtion/

Not to worry, we were all new to this at one point.

Let's say the name of your driver (ppd file) is ip2600.ppd.gz (I don't
know the name as I am not familiar with that model), then you would do the
following (all on one line):

cp ip2600.ppd.gz /usr/share/cups/model/downloaded

and then you should be able to configure your printer.

Thanks Ken.