Re: [opensuse] VNC session without mouse-cursor
  • From: Koenraad Lelong <k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:14:28 +0200
Koenraad Lelong schreef:
Hi,
I configured "Remote Administration" so I could, well, administer a server from a distant place.
I get a log-on-screen, and I can type my username and password. The thing is I don't have a mouse-cursor. Without it it's very hard to do anything. Actually, I have a mouse-cursor, but it's invisible : if I move my mouse, sometimes the user-icon lights up or the session-type or menu-text light up.

What can I do ? Thanks.

P.S. I had to disable ipv6 to get the logon-screen.
Hi,
After experimenting some more I came to the conclusion that it's the clientsoftware that does not work properly.
When I use KRDC/KDE4 (I installed KDE3 from the DVD) it does not _show_ the cursor when I connect to a 11.1 PC. Connecting to a 10.3 PC works fine, just like rdp to an W2k3 machine.
When I use vncviewer on my 11.1 laptop I can connect fine to that 11.1 machine.
Is there some configuration that needs to be done ?
Thanks for any info.
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong
begin:vcard
fn:Koenraad Lelong
n:Lelong;Koenraad
org:ACE electronics
adr:Industriepark 2 nr 12;;IZ Webbekom 2118;Diest;VlaBra;3290;Belgie
email;internet:k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:R&D Manager
tel;work:+32 13 531906
tel;fax:+32 13 531908