[opensuse] Re: A single 80mm exhaust fan can make an 18 deg. difference in drive temps
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:28:24 +0200
Tony Alfrey a écrit :

operating temperature for a drive (about 45 C). If your $4 fan keeps
the drive temp at 30 C, the Google data indicates that it may cut drive
lifetime in half, roughly equivalent to the failure rate at 50 C.

precisely.

I don't know for sure about hard drives, but modern processors have
temp security. I have a laptop that lose a fan, and when starting, as
soon as temp goes too high, the computer stops himself.

I just now copy 400Gb from an old 500Gb disk to a new 1Tb one, the two
of them are USB ans nearly no ventilation is available. There are very hot

nothing about this mean failure.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net