Re: [opensuse] UUID=>0x and LVM
  • From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:15:38 -0500
In <5EC9CC69-3A07-4CE5-A2C0-776B6BDF52E3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Philip Mötteli
wrote:
Now, that I have a backup, I tried the 'pvcreate' command. As you
probably would have expected, it refused to do anything, because it
couldn't find sdc.

If the device shows up when booting from the GParted LiveCD and does show up
when the system boots normally, you are most likely missing a kernel module.

Boot into each and get a list of loaded modules. (Either lsmod or cat
/proc/modules.) You should have at least one loaded during the GParted
LiveCD boot that is not loaded in the normal boot. Load each of those in
turn, looking for the one that makes a new block device appear and the PV be
detected again.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))