[opensuse] Accessing a partition more than once (ar equivalent functionality)
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:25:20 +0200
I know this is a strange question, but here goes:

I have three partitions. One is /home. The other two are different
versions of openSUSE. I boot one of them (obviously). I then mount the
other version as /otheros.

The thing is, I want to access /home as /home from the booted OS (that
works) as well as the other mounted OS. I chroot to the other OS mount
point when this is needed.

I am trying to eliminate the need to re-boot to get to the other OS for
compiling. I need to provide, on a regular basis, software that is
compiled/linked for a 10.0 openSUSE.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST