Re: [opensuse] editor that does not eat out TAB characters
  • From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:25:37 -0500
In <854438.63892.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Maura Monville wrote:
Personally I do hate Windows. Although, in certain environments the
development platform, and even the tools, are imposed ... take irt or
leave it.

I always tell them I'll leave it. There is fallout, but there's fallout the
other way too.

Since python is
a scripting language I would expect to be able to accomplish that just
copying llines from the script and pasting them onto a python terminal
shell. But, regardless of which editor I use, python interpreter prints
out plenty of "indentation error " messages.

Your editor, editor toolkit, clipboard, or terminal toolkit may be munging
this[1]. It's often not easy to copy/paste tabs. You might try using a
python debugger, if such a thing exists, and have it read the file, but
step/next/continue between lines based on your input.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))

[1] For example, best I can tell, konsole never provides tabs to the
selection. I know cat, vim, etc. are printing them to the terminal, but
taking that output and pasting it anywhere else results in the tabs being
turned into spaces.
< Previous Next >