Re: [opensuse] Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 20:47:35 +0200
Joachim Schrod wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Per Jessen wrote:

Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:

It doesn't have the disadvantages of lilo

What are the disadvantages of lilo? (apart from not being
supported by YaST)

You need to update the mapping when you change files.

You mean type 'lilo' and hit enter?

And updating lilo.conf. Which does not work automatically any more
in 11.1, at least not in my installation.

I'm old (fashioned), I've never let YaST do anything to my lilo.conf
except for the initial install. I've also rarely had reason to change
anything in lilo.conf once I've put a server or a desktop PC into
production. On test-rigs, I edit /etc/lilo.conf+/etc/sysconfig/kernel
myself, run mkinitrd and lilo myself.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.4°C)