[opensuse] Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:15:26 +0200
Per Jessen a écrit :

1) lilo *is* supported by YaST, just not default (at least in 11.1)

Uh, no - if you change the bootloader to lilo in 11.1, you are told that
lilo is no longer supported = you're on your own.

it *says* that lilo is not supported, then is go on, install lilo... I
didn't try changing the bootmanager though

2) lilo don't have the boot editor. It's very usefull for advanced
users when changing some hardware and the computer don't boot anymore.

I consider myself an advanced user, but I have no idea what the "boot
editor" is - is it a special grub feature? Anyway, I'm sure it's a
disadvantage not to have it, I just haven't been hit by it yet.

if you can go until the grub menu, hitting [Esc] (for the graphical
menu only) then "e" allows you to entr all the starting options you need.

You can edit a menu.lst entry, or simply choose a command

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Command_002dline-and-menu-entry-commands.html

with a simple grub floppy (or grub on any bootable device), you can
boot nearly any pre-installed system

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net