Re: [opensuse] editor that does not eat out TAB characters
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:16:54 -0400
Maura Monville said the following on 06/15/2009 07:28 AM:

Since I will be using SuSE systems to debug such a script, my
question is: do you know of an editor, running on SuSE, which does
not cut off the precious indentation characters making a mess of a
python script ? For instance, Emacs won't work for this particular
problem.

VI - VIM.
There is(are) a switch(es) to control whether tabs get expanded an how
they get 'expanded' on screen - or not.

I'd expect emacs to have one too but I've never been tempted to use
that. VI/VIM has serve me well for 27 years.

--
He had occasional flashes of silence, that made his conversation
perfectly delightful.