Re: [opensuse] run ssh as service for port forwarding
  • From: Michal Hrusecky <mhrusecky@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:59:22 +0200
Zhang Weiwu - 9:20 15.06.09 wrote:
I thought about wrapping the proxy server with stunnel, but then I could
not configure Firefox to connect to http proxy using https protocol.
Then I think running autossh -L as a system service (not possible
because it doesn't detach from console).

Didn't take a deep look how to solve this correctly but at the first
glance, the only thing you are missing for your solution to work is
detachable console? Am I right? Then you can try to use screen ;-)

screen -d -m -S screenname magiccommand

It will run magiccommand in virtual screen but it will detach itself
right a way. If you want to check the output, just use

screen -x screenname

And to detach again Ctrl+A D

--
Michal Hrusecky