[opensuse] second hdd not recognized?
  • From: Thomas Blasejewicz <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:42:35 +0900
Good afternoon
I installed OpenSUSE in one HDD and connected a second HDD, but this
does not seem to be recognized.
Neither setting the jumper switch on that HDD to "slave" nor "cable
select" does help.

I tried (previously, with that HDD as master) to install another Linux
version on that second HDD but failed.
Now I want to format that disk and try again.
Trying a "new installation" somehow does not work. I get a number of
error messages.
I suspect, that some files from the previous installation are left there
and are "in the way".
Therefore I imagined that formatting the disk might help ...

Where do I look for that disk?
And when I find it, how do I format it?

Thank you.