[opensuse] Synchronized Media Integration Lanquage Player
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:26:00 -0400
Hi,
I believe that I have found the answer for the question that I posed in
my first post on this subject. First, to open RealPlayer from the
command line one must use the command realplay, not realplayer as I was
trying to do.

I did find out how to install realplayer from the bin file as well. To
do this, open a terminal as root. Then cd to the location of the
downloaded RealPlayer bin file.

#cd /home/lxmark/Desktop
#chmod u+x RealPlayer11GOLD.bin
#./RealPlayer11GOLD.bin

then I used konqueror to open up the /opt/real/RealPlayer file

Then I found an executable file named realplay.bin will open up the
player, or alternately I can type in command as user

~realplay

If I want to play the smil file, I right click on the file. In the
dropdown list I click on "open with". When the dialog box opens up, I
type in open with "realplay" and enter. The file opens up and begins to
play.

Hope this information may be useful.

Mark