[opensuse] Synchronized Media Integration Lanquage Player
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 13:47:38 -0400
Hi,
I have a cd that has some smil media files that I am trying to play on
linux. In Windows, it plays in RealPlayer and plays a soundtrack in
conjunction with Powerpoint slides. The speaker gives his speech, and
powerpoint slides open up at just the right time.

I have tried to open this in linux, but nothing plays smil files that I
have installed. I downloaded the linux RealPlayer from their download
site

http://www.realplayer.com/

It senses that I am using linux and lets me download a rpm for linux. I
have tried to use Yast to install it, but can't get it to start after it
is "installed". There is no icon in the kmenu for RealPlayer, and it
also won't start from the command line. It does show up in software
management in Yast as having been installed though. I am using Opensuse
11.1 w/ KDE 3

Can anyone tell me how to get this working, or maybe better yet tell me
a better player for smil files in linux that is already included in
Opensuse?

Thanks,
Mark