Re: [opensuse] Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 20:27:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2009-06-13 at 19:23 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Linda Walsh wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:
The current suse-fied solution is just to have a small boot
partition, separate from root, formatted as ext2 - grub goes there,
root remains being xfs, everything works. :-)
---
And that's crap.
New and casual users will want to put everything in 1
partition.

Experienced users too - it's been a long time since I've bothered with a
separate boot partition - not since lilo could only deal with the first
1024 cylinders.

I always put a separate boot if I can, even if not needed.

By the way, the 1024 limit is from the bios, not actually lilo. Lilo uses the bios to load (itself and others, I think).

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.