Re: [opensuse] grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:16:35 -0400
On 2009/06/12 08:48 (GMT-0700) Randall R Schulz composed:

I'm having trouble sorting that out, but I think the answer might be
that the first partition on my boot volume (which _is_ the root file
system) starts at cylinder 2.

Are you sure you don't mean "starts at track 2"? Normally that's where a
primary that starts at the front of a disk begins. It can't begin on the
first sector of track 1 because that's the MBR sector.

Other primaries start on the first sectors of their respective tracks 1, as
they provide no homes for partitioning information.

Logicals have first tracks configured like first primaries, except that
instead of MBR sectors at their starts they have EBR sectors.
--
"Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,
for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/