Re: [opensuse] Re: iFolder
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:46:04 -0600
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Jim Henderson<hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:08:54 -0600, Stephen Shaw wrote:

The repository on the openSUSE Build Service has rpms for openSUSE 11.0,
11.1, and SLED 11.

Yeah, I just think it would be useful if the operators of the site
updated it so it doesn't look like 10.3 is the last platform there was
support for.  There should at least be a follow-up news item to the one
that announced 2.7.2 that says the builds for 11.x are available now
(since the original release IIRC said that builds for 11.x would be
available shortly).

When someone is looking for news on a product, they're more likely to go
to the website rather than the Build Service, so the news on the website
should be updated.

I expect that would also be the first place Google would find as well.

Jim

Totally agree with you, but there is not a newer version that supports
11.0 or 11.1 yet. Version 3.7.2 (btw) requires an unreleased version
of mono in order to run. That is one of the major reasons for the
delay. In that repo it has unreleased versions of mono. The required
version will be mono 2.4.2. Since they only just announced preview 1
of mono it will probably be something like a month out. As soon as
mono is released I'd imagine that you will see tons of announcements
about it.

As a side note, they are looking for people to help build out the
community site, add documentation, tasks and their status, cleanup old
documentation. I'll see if we can't at least get something up that
talks about the prereleased stuff.

Stephen
( you can also find some good info on #ifolder on freenode)