Re: [opensuse] Canon ip 26oo printer
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:36:11 +0200
On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:12:34PM -0700, John Heinen wrote:
I have the Canon ip 2600 cd and it is installed in Windows Vista, how
do I install it in Open Suse? I am pretty ignorant about this.

As my brother-in-law was till he bought such 'paperweight' - that's the
state reported by
http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-ip2600

IIRC Canon offers something but this is closed source and binary only
stuff and therefore isn't included and maintained by the OSS system
vendors.

Unfortunately it's still the case that you have to consult the network
if a particular printer is supported before you buy it.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team