[opensuse] KDE4 Broke rdesktop - or is this maybe related to the stupid fish issue?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 01:40:42 -0500
Listmates,

rdesktop is a no-go on my kde43 Beta2 laptop. If I load kde3, rdesktop
works
fine. If I load kde4, same LAN XP box, rdesktop is dead.

When trying to connect in kde4, you get a momentary "flash" for the
bounding
rectangle for what would be the session, then rdesktop just quits.

This is eerily similar to what happens when connecting with fish in
kde4, the
connection is established, then it immediately fails. I wonder if somehow the
two could be related??

The big issue is I need rdesktop back. Has anyone else got it working
with XP
boxes in kde4?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.