Re: [opensuse] hOW TO REMOVE A FILE THAT IS CONSIDERED "READ ONLY FILE SYSTEM"
  • From: Dan Goodman <Dan.Goodman@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:46:34 -0400
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Tuesday, 2009-06-09 at 10:22 -0400, Dan Goodman wrote:

Short of reading the kernel source tree, is there someplace where one
can find more details of kernel behavior under duress, such as what
Carlos has described? I'm thinking something a bit more comprehensive
than release notes, but not as dry as a complete bugzilla list.

Not that I know.

It is... know how, experience, what you have seen before or heard from
someone or read... unless you happen to be a kernel developer and then
you really /know/.

In Linux, there is not a book you can read and know everything, and that
knowledge be and stay current. Unfortunately. Documentation is
distributed, somewhat difficult to find, and changes rapidly.

Pretty much as I expected, but it does raise two questions: (1) Am I
(fill in the blank) to want to try to read and comprehend kernel code;
and (2) what is the current state of attempts to build a central
repository of Linux docs, whether it is tldp.org or something else, or
have people given up on the idea?

In the meantime, I read this list and glance at the bugs list, and learn
a bit here and a bit there.

--Dan G.