Re: [opensuse] programming suggestion needed...
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:37:18 +0200
On Tuesday 09 June 2009 16:54:02 James Hatridge wrote:
HI all,

I'm looking for a way to have a program open a web site, then automaticly
click on a button. Then wait X seconds or minutes and do it again.

"clicking a button" on a web page normally means opening a URL (unless it's
some sort of AJAX client-side button).

If it's a GET button, then it's easy. Simply open the URL with wget. All
variables will be in the URL with the &foo=bar&... syntax

If it's a POST button, then you may have to do some coding, but it's not hard.
python, perl, java and I suspect any other language you might prefer has
support for generating POST requests.

If you actually want to open the GUI window and have your program actually
click a button by sending an X event, then you're looking for an automation
tool like the commercial XRunner or WinRunner from Mercury Interactive, but
I'm not sure if something like that is available for linux (I haven't been
able to find anything)

Anders