Re: [opensuse] Bonding howto
  • From: Koenraad Lelong <koen1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 22:05:07 +0200
James D. Parra schreef:
Hello,

Is the a howto for bonding multiple nics in Suse 11.1? I don't see
anything in Yast, although I'd like to bond 4 gigabit nics as one.

Thank you for your help.

James

Hi James,
It's really simple :
In Yast Network configuration you have to add an interface : bond. If
you do this, you will be able to select the physical interfaces to add
to the bond.
I believe the selected eth's are then automagically disabled from
starting at boot. You should verify.
I don't know if this is always the case, but I have to manually do
"rcnetwork restart", after exiting the network configuration of Yast.

HTH,
Koenraad lelong.