[opensuse] Re: programming suggestion needed...
  • From: James Hatridge <James.Hatridge@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:10:33 +0200
HI Peter!
On Tuesday 09 June 2009 20:31:18 Peter Poeml wrote:
On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 04:54:02PM +0200, James Hatridge wrote:
I'm looking for a way to have a program open a web site, then automaticly
click on a button. Then wait X seconds or minutes and do it again.

Can someone point me to some type of sample code that would do this?

Thanks,

JIM

That sounds like a high-level task which is easiest (and best) achieved
with one of the "mechanize" implementations, like
http://search.cpan.org/dist/WWW-Mechanize/ (Perl) or
http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/ (Python)
Use whatever language amuses you. There are probably other
implementations in further languages.

I have used the Python module to write an ebay bidding agent in 20
lines, works nicely.

Peter

Thanks for these ideas, I'm best in PHP so I'll look for something there. But
if nothing else I'll learn a new language.

Thanks,

JIM

--
Jim Hatridge