Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 07:01:32 -0700

I was logged in. I now 'signed out' but still get the evil page
if javascript is enabled.

You do realize that it's only the URL that you get if you Copy
Link Location or Save Link As.., right? If you just click the
search result, the net result is to redirect back through Google
to the actual search hit URL. It's basically transparent to the
browser user for simple link clicks and allows Google to get
feedback on search quality (something I have no problem with).

Sorry, I don't understand the intent of your comment. But if it is
related, I use View/Message Source to determine which page I'm
getting.

Then you're not going to see it (if you have JavaScript enabled and
are logged in to Google).

Oops. I meant to edit that out.

Basically, if see HTML source that you can relate to what you see
rendered in the browser, you're not encountering the phenomenon I am.

Randall Schulz