Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 05:46:59 -0700
On Tuesday June 9 2009, Peter Van Lone wrote:
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Randall R Schulz<rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
However, at the bottom of the item listing the actual
URL target is printed clearly and can be copied. Since it is not a
link, I cannot "save as" but I can easily copy and paste to go
straight there.

Those don't even include the http:// prefix.

LOL! And that bothers you, why?

Because no program can use such a fragment of a URL to access it.

This just seems hilarious to me ... Google's big evil plan requires
that you slightly modify your behavior in order to not participate in
the evil plan, but you would rather fuss with writing scripts and
getting huffy than ... just ... copy the text at the bottom of the
search result?

I said nothing about anyone being evil. I don't personally care if
Google keeps track of which of the hits they produce I actually use,
it's just the way they're now doing it that gets in my way. It's very
inconvenient not to be able to readily access the actual URLs of the
search hits the produce.

Oy ...

Meaning what?

Randall Schulz