[opensuse] SLE Thin Client / hostname
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 10:40:12 +0200
hi everybody,

most likely this goes to the wrong audience. But it's my first try. Please
before replying to this thread, be sure to have read and actually also
understood the question.

Situation: A thin client, running SLE Thin Client Edition.
This system is completely based on a read-only file system, mounting dozens of
squashfs loop 'devices' with the different applications to be
provided.

Problem:
I need to be able to adjust the 'hostname' of those thing clients.

Of course, just modifying /etc/HOSTNAME does not work on this box. All changes
in /etc are lost on reboot. Yet I did not find where from the content
of /etc is coming from during boot up.

does anybody have experience with SLE TC?

Thanks for tips (and please again: do not reply if you do not know how SLE TC
handles this).

Dominique