Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 19:58:59 -0400
On 2009/06/08 16:45 (GMT-0700) Randall R Schulz composed:

On Monday June 8 2009, Peter Van Lone wrote:

However, at the bottom of the item listing the actual
URL target is printed clearly and can be copied. Since it is not a
link, I cannot "save as" but I can easily copy and paste to go
straight there.

Those don't even include the http:// prefix.

After seeing your thread starter I did a Google search for Bing. I copied and
pasted the first hit into a chat window. About 2/3 of the way into the
complete paste is http://www.bing.com/. So I then copied it back into the
Google input box, held the BS key down briefly, and cut the URL. It's clumsy
compared to your scripts I guess, but it works on any system you sit down to,
whether it has those scripts available or not.

OTOH, I think this is good incentive to try Bing for a while.
--
"Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,
for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/